Math 110 College Algebra
Real numbers, exponents, radicals, and algebraic operations
with polynomial and rational functions. Solving equations and graphing
expressions involving polynomial and rational functions, and exponential and
Education: Core Skills.
Text: Fundamentals of College Algebra by
Swokowski and Cole 10th Edition, Brooks/Cole ISBN 0-534-37758-0
Teach the student to understand and apply
- Fundamental Concepts of Algebra real numbers,
exponents and radicals, algebraic expressions, and fractional expressions.
- Equations and Inequalities equations, applied
problems, quadratic equations, complex numbers, inequalities.
- Functions and Graphs rectangular coordinate systems,
graphs of equations, lines, graphs of functions, quadratic functions and
graphs and operations on functions and inverse functions.
- Polynomial and Rational Functions higher order
polynomials and their properties
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
exponential and logarithmic functions and their properties.
- Systems of Equations and Inequalities equations in
two variables, systems of inequalities, linear equations with more than two
See Generic Policies on Courses Page
The material will be exercised through many detailed
assignments which allow the student to develop and demonstrate mastery.
When the student has completed the course he or she will be prepared for more
advanced study such as Math 120.